(Written by N.R. Jayaraman)
Some useful data on Rubber Blankets for Offset Printing.
No single source of information is available on the availability and
varieties of Rubber Blankets used on Offset Printing Presses. Therefore
I have compiled the data to the best extent possible so that it will
benefit of Students and others in Printing appearing in interviews and
BöTTCHER SYSTEMS, BELCAMP, MARYLAND
Böttcher is a global company with more than 275 years of experience in the development and manufacture of "world-class" materials for the printing industry. Böttcher has developed a diverse program of Böttcher Top printing blankets and coating plates designed to achieve a single goal i.e to perfect the printed image and enhance the user-friendliness of presses.
Exact dot reproduction; rich, even solids; quick sheet and web release; and reduced piling - all of these criteria are achieved with the aid of Böttcher Top blankets. Excellent smash resistance and gauge stability guarantee top performance. Additional service from Böttcher includes blanket seminars from highly skilled field technicians.
1) Böttcher Top 3201 /4-Ply /Thickness 077" / For use on Commercial Sheet fed printing Paper and Carton
2) Böttcher Top 4500/4-Ply /Thickness 077" / For use on Commercial Sheet fed printing Paper and Carton
3) Böttcher Top 5400 /4-Ply /Thickness 077" & Böttcher Top 5300 /3-ply/ Thickness 067"/ both for Enhanced Durability and good paper Release
4) Böttcher Top 8000 /4Ply / Thickness 077” /for optimum ink coverage
5) Böttcher Top 8600- /4-Ply /Thickness 077”/ for wide range of jobs and for optimum ink coverage
6) Böttcher Top Impressa/4-Ply /Thickness 077"/for coated and uncoated stock
7) Böttcher Top 4400 /4-Ply /Thickness 077"/Conventional, UV and Hybrid Printing
8) Böttcher Top 4800 /4-Ply /Thickness 077"/ for UV, EB and Hybrid Printing
9) Böttcher Top 3800 / 4-Ply /Thickness 077"/for Conventional, UV and Hybrid Printing
10)Böttcher Top 8200 /4-Ply /Thickness 077"/ for Conventional, UV and Hybrid Applications
4600 Mercedes Drive
Belcamp, MD 21017
I.T.G. GRAPHIC PRODUCTS, GMBH
I.T.G.-GmbH Graphic Products is specialists in the supply of I.T.G. Security Printer Blankets to various firms across the world. The firm has a long working experience in the Graphic Arts with their wide and diversified range of products. I.T.G.-GmbH manufactures two specialized blankets for De La Rue Giori who are suppliers of Security Printing machines.
The three types of Blankets supplied by I.T.G for them include the following:
1) I.T.G.-Glass bead Blanket meant for Super Numerota machines. The final surface coating is impregnated with micro-fine glass spheres. The tough ink repellent surface provides excellent reproduction with minimum impression.
2) I.T.G. - Super-Blue Conventional Offset-Rubber-Blanket for Simultan machines/ 3 ply/ Thickness 1.70 and in 4-ply/ Thickness 1.95 mm./ This blanket has a hard surface layer giving high solvent resistance and excellent sheet release properties on lightweight coated papers.
3) I.T.G.-Simultan-Special 80/ Blue in colour/ Thickness 1.95mm / Shore hardness 77°/ A superior printing blanket with an extremely low stretch carcass of fabrics and adhesives designed specifically for blankets. The printing surface is a blend of polymers and additives which ensures high printing quality and excellent release.
Other varieties of I.T.G Rubber Blankets produced by them include the following:
1) Maxima-Compressible/ Turquoise and blue in colour/ Thickness 1.95 mm to 1.70 mm/Shore Hardness 81 °/meant for sheet fed presses
2) Proprint / Blue in colour /Thickness 1.95 mm to 1.70 mm/Shore Hardness 76°/for slow sheet-fed machines printing coated and uncoated paper .
3) Blue-Diamond / Blue in colour /Thickness 1.96 mm to 1.70 mm/Shore Hardness 78°/For excellent print result.
4) Proprint WEB / Turquoise in colour /Thickness 1.70 mm to 1.95 mm /Shore Hardness 78°/ to print with less pressure
5) Proprint UV / Red in colour / Thickness 1.96 mm/ Shore hardness/ 78°/ for UV ink printing and has heat resistance quality
6) Lithoflex 800 / Green in colour / Thickness 1.96 mm/ Shore hardness/ 78°/ for carton and general sheet fed printing
7) Tiagra / Blue in colour /Thickness 1.95 mm/ Shore hardness/ 75°/ for commercial sheet applications.
8) Rotaflex / Grey in colour / Thickness 0.9 mm to 1.05 mm / Shore hardness/ 65° to 70°/ designed to meet the requirement of the business forms printer. 9) Thickness 1.96 mm/ Shore hardness/ 78°/ for UV ink printing and has heat resistance quality
10) Polyfibron Type 100 / Thickness 0.68 mm to 1.07 mm/ Shore hardness/ 77°/ Self-adhesive backed
11) Offset Blanket air-tack Type M/J meant for business form printing.
I.T.G.-GmbH Graphic Products
Dachauer Str. 201 80637 Munich Germany
Phone: +49 (89) 159 40 20
Fax: +49 (89) 157 55 07
E Mail: email@example.com
GANS INK CO, USA
in 1950, Gans Ink & Supply has over half a century of experience in
ink manufacturing for both sheet-fed and web offset commercial
printers. With 10 locations across the country Gans Ink also make the
Gans blanket printers need.
Their Blankets have the following advantages:
Some of the varieties of Blankets manufactured by them include the following:
1) Gans 893/894 : Light cream in colour they are supplied as 3 and 4 Ply blankets specially made for the application of aqueous coatings and easily strippable if spot-coating is to be applied. They deliver dependable performance and a clean release with most aqueous coatings.
2) Gans ISO.Spec : For printers who prefer a buffed surface for applying aqueous coating, Gans ISO.Spec has been specially developed to suit the purpose.
3) Reeves 2000 Plus : The 2000 Plus is manufactured with a premium cast-coated surface for a smooth release to the sheet, even with the most difficult matte aqueous coatings.
4) Gans 774 : This material has a softer, more compressible surface to absorb cylinder compression and resist paper cut-lines for extended periods of time and deliver dependable performance to the high volume web production environment.
5) Gans Ultra-Cure : Gans Ultra-Cure blankets are meant for UV and Hybrid curable inks and have been manufactured for long-life resistance to the aggressive effects of UV inks and washes. The firm claim that the Gans Ultra-Cure blanket will resist breakdown for an extended period of time as they are fabricated with 100% EPDM surface compounds. Ultra-Cure blankets can be used in both sheet-fed and web applications.
6) Gans RAVE : Gans Rave blankets have been the industry standard for nearly 10 years. Made with EPDM surface compounds that are resistant to the long-term embossing affects of UV curable inks, Rave will deliver dependable performance to the sheet-fed printer. This blanket has a double buffed surface for smooth transfer and release.
The other technical details are not available and therefore the firm has to be directly contacted for specific need.
Gans Ink and Supply Company
1441, Boyd Street,
Tele: (800) 421-6167 and (323) 264-2200
FAX: (323) 264-2916
- less linting
- reduces paper piling
- minimal dot gain washes up easily
- high tensile backing
- preventing stretch
- longer working life
Trelleborg manufactures Vulcan and Rollin offset printing blankets in the web, sheet fed, newspaper, business forms, metal decorating, and packaging markets. As one of the world's largest and most diversified manufacturer of printing blankets, Trelleborg, has almost 100 years invested in the printing industry. Rollin brand Rubber Blanket is the new brand name for the MacDermid Printing Blankets that was purchased by Trelleborg in 2008. A
recent addition to the Trelleborg range of blankets is the Printec
printing blankets that offer unique printing solutions in the graphics
The two varieties of Blankets supplied by Trelleborg are:
1) Rollin Graffiti Plus / Blue in colour /3 Ply/ Thickness varying from 1.71 mm to 1.96 mm/ meant for News Paper and Commercial Web printing presses
2) Rollin Magento/ Blue in colour /Thickness 1.96 mm /4 Ply/ meant for conventional UV printing and Metal decorating presses
1) Printec Product No 63 / Purple in Colour / Thickness 1.70 mm /meant for commercial web printing press
2) Printec Product No 64 / Purple in Colour / Thickness 1.96 mm /meant for commercial web printing press
3) Printec Product No 134 / Blue in Colour / Thickness 1.96 mm / Hybrid blankets meant for commercial packaging sheet printing press
4) Printec Product No 575 / Purple in Colour / Thickness 1.96 mm / Hybrid blankets meant for commercial sheet printing press
5) Printec Product No 284 / Purple in Colour / Thickness 1.96 mm / meant for conventional packaging sheet printing press
6) Printec Product No 864 / Purple in Colour / Thickness 1.96 mm / meant for conventional sheet printing press
7) Printec Product No 334 / Orange in Colour / Thickness 1.96 mm /meant for UV ink printing press
8) Printec Product No 263 / Purple in Colour / Thickness 1.96 mm / meant for Hybrid ink for metal decorating printing press
9) Printec Product No 814 / Red in Colour / Thickness 1.98 mm /meant for Hybrid ink for metal decorating printing press
10) Printec Product No 501 / Pink in Colour / Thickness 1.96 mm / meant for Hybrid ink for metal decorating conventional printing press
11) Printec Product No 205 / Blue in Colour / Thickness 1.97 mm /meant for Metal decorating UV ink printing press
12) Printec Product No 115 / Blue in Colour / Thickness 1.25 mm / meant for Hybrid ink for printing press
13) Printec Product No 135 / Blue in Colour / Thickness 1.35 mm / meant for Hybrid ink for printing press
14) Printec Product No 205 / Blue in Colour / Thickness 1.98 mm / meant for Hybrid ink for printing press
15) Printec Product No 205 / Cream in Colour / Thickness 1.96 mm / meant for Hybrid ink for
16) Printec Product No 205 / Blue in Colour / Thickness 1.96 mm / meant for Hybrid ink for printing press
17) Printec Product No 205 / Orange in Colour / Thickness 1.98 mm /meant for UV ink coating printing press
18) Printec Product No 205 /Orange in Colour / Thickness 1.96 mm /meant for UV ink coating printing press
19) Printec Product No 623 / Black in Colour / Thickness 1.70 mm / meant for Hybrid ink for Plastic Pot printing press
20) Printec Product No 624 / Black in Colour / Thickness 1.96 mm /meant meant for Hybrid ink for Plastic Pot printing press
21) Printec Product No 717 / Purple in Colour / Thickness 1.70 mm / meant for Hybrid ink for Plastic Pot printing press
22) Printec Product No 718 / Purple in Colour / Thickness 1.96 mm / meant for Hybrid ink for Plastic Pot printing press
Since more technical details of both the types of Blankets are not available the firm may be directly contacted by clicking the 'contact' link given below.
Trelleborg Coated Systems Italy S.p.A. (TCS)
Strada per Tavazzano
IT-26855 Lodi Vecchio (LO), Italy
Phone: +39 0371 4061
Europe, Africa, Oceania & Asia Customer service
tel: +39 0371 406321